You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MT4 Data set question
Happy You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. traders:

I downloaded data from my broker on MT4 and I got 1M data back to March 23, 2017.  All other time frames back to 1971.  Is this sufficient to proceed with backtesting?  Any other suggestion.  I  figure data quality aught to be first in on the chain of command before proceeding.  Cheers!

Matthew
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2018, 02:32 AM)Matthew Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Happy You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. traders:

I downloaded data from my broker on MT4 and I got 1M data back to March 23, 2017.  All other time frames back to 1971.  Is this sufficient to proceed with backtesting?  Any other suggestion.  I  figure data quality aught to be first in on the chain of command before proceeding.  Cheers!

Matthew

Did you get 99% tick data?
Only that type of data is used...
Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.    v1.3

Thanks given by:
(12-26-2018, 09:37 PM)Ratz Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Did you get 99% tick data?
Only that type of data is used...

Ratz: 

I don't think so.  I downloaded M1 from my broker.  Where would you recommend sourcing the tick data?  Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(12-29-2018, 08:41 AM)Matthew Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ratz: 

I don't think so.  I downloaded M1 from my broker.  Where would you recommend sourcing the tick data?  Thanks!

Tickstory is free yet I believe, try them! Smile
Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.    v1.3

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  algorithmic trading heresy question Matthew 0 96 03-23-2019, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Matthew
  Question regarding Dashboard The Tramp 1 1,043 10-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Last Post: d4v3
  Question for the SetFile DataBase users The Tramp 1 1,299 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Last Post: xplorfx
  Tick Data pudseybear 5 1,695 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Ratz