You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broker for AUDNZD + USDSEK Setfiles
Hi Mathias (commercial setfile builder),
Hi Ratz,

Hi members of this board and forum,

I am new to JTA and B3. Last week I purchased two commercial setfiles:

USDSEK = b3 v3.9.6 usdsek h1 (140E2428).set
AUDNZD = b3 v3.9.6 audnzd m15 (4B333396).set

I tried to contact Mathias, the setfile builder, with a private message. Not possible. No quota ... well, sorry, thats why I am directing my question to all of you in the public forum.

I backtested the two setfiles and first ran them on a Pepperstone Razor Demo account. Results were ok and overall promising.

So yesterday my new Peperstone Razor account (= some sort of a pseudo ECN account?) went live. I set up the charts with B3 and the setfiles, and was immediately able to observe the difference between the demo and the live account: wide spreads, mark ups, slippages, etc.

Considering commission, wide spreads, delays and cheats, aiming with 0.01 lot (AUDNZD) for automated scalps of 10-11 pips is a recipe for desaster with Pepperstone.

Therefore I kindly ask you and all other Blessing-users to please recommend a suitable and trustworthy broker for B3  that enables the  successful implementation of the AUDNZD + USDSEK as well as of other B3 setfile-strategies.

Answers, recommendations, hints and support will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards. Georg

PS: I am aware that this might be a very redundant issue for most of you. Nevertheless, it is a crucial one for me. So in order to prevent littering this forum with my case, you can also contact me via my personal email: georg.mayer@ymail.com
Thanks given by:
Actually you make an interesting observation...

Has anyone else noticed that since BREXIT, because of volatility (?) that your spreads (etc,.) are wider?..
Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.    v1.3

Thanks given by:
That's a good observation.

My thinking would not be because of Brexit, but rather because of ESMA regulatory changes. Brokers are taking a fundamental hit to their income, and I think they may be looking at other ways to recover, one of which could be an industry-wide increase in spreads. Just my 2 cents... (The retail market is spiralling right now)

There also seems to be a change in volatility and market behaviour over the last two years, agreed. Trends appear to cycle on the 4-hourly timeframe, when they used to cycle the same on the daily. I had heard, and this isn't substantiated, that institutional swing traders had shifted to trading lower-timeframes in the city to reduce their hours in front of the screens.

I regularly see Daily charts run for 15-20 candles without a single retracement, out of nowhere, and then when they do their first retracement, they change direction. Frustrating.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2018, 03:46 AM)Ratz Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Actually you make an interesting observation...

Has anyone else noticed that since BREXIT, because of volatility (?) that your spreads (etc,.) are wider?..

Thanks for your comment, Ratz.

Which broker do you recommend for live trading B3 and respective commercial setfiles?

Do you actually recommend trading B3 and said setfiles?
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2018, 04:11 PM)slainye Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That's a good observation.

My thinking would not be because of Brexit, but rather because of ESMA regulatory changes. Brokers are taking a fundamental hit to their income, and I think they may be looking at other ways to recover, one of which could be an industry-wide increase in spreads. Just my 2 cents... (The retail market is spiralling right now)

There also seems to be a change in volatility and market behaviour over the last two years, agreed. Trends appear to cycle on the 4-hourly timeframe, when they used to cycle the same on the daily. I had heard, and this isn't substantiated, that institutional swing traders had shifted to trading lower-timeframes in the city to reduce their hours in front of the screens.

I regularly see Daily charts run for 15-20 candles without a single retracement, out of nowhere, and then when they do their first retracement, they change direction. Frustrating.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new EU regulations.

Am I correct that regarding leverage these ESMA regulations nullify the setups of these commercial setfiles, that is they cannot be successfully traded with USD 1,000 and 0.01 lots?
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2018, 12:41 AM)MiaGalaxia Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks for your comment, Ratz.

Which broker do you recommend for live trading B3 and respective commercial setfiles?

Do you actually recommend trading B3 and said setfiles?

Well, I'm in the USA so if you live outside of USA you have a LOT more options as far as brokers go!
And regulations,...   sigh...
Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.    v1.3

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2018, 12:49 AM)MiaGalaxia Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new EU regulations.

Am I correct that regarding leverage these ESMA regulations nullify the setups of these commercial setfiles, that is they cannot be successfully traded with USD 1,000 and 0.01 lots?

I don't think they nullify the set files at all.

They do potentially increase the margin requirements, as the leverage will lower for non-professional customers only. Professional retail clients will likely not experience any changes.
Thanks given by: MiaGalaxia , Ratz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  b3 v3.9.6 audnzd m15 (0966F7AF) By Mathias The Tramp 296 148,329 11-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Ratz
  b3 v3.9.6 audnzd h1 (49D82AF4) "Fatalii" by Thweis Thweis SXFX 119 70,459 08-05-2017, 04:38 PM
  AUDNZD B3 Fatalii 49D82AF4 mikelosat 6 2,101 02-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Last Post: mikelosat
  b3 v3.9.6 usdsek h1 (140E2428) by Mathias The Tramp 101 46,049 10-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Last Post: neobatavia
  New B3 audnzd m15 rebate (13721529) available Mathias 11 7,119 02-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Last Post: waymer
  b3 v3.9.6 audnzd m15 (4B333396) by Mathias The Tramp 115 58,593 02-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Irishmist
  AUDNZD Commercial Files Irishmist 40 18,084 09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
  GBPNZD Setfiles rmartin008 0 1,126 06-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Last Post: rmartin008
Tongue [NEED SUGGESTION] SetFile for 5 digit broker brekz1 2 1,426 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: d4v3
  Live tracking on any of the commercial setfiles? PontusLSE 8 3,779 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: mrexe