You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Previous versions of MetaTrader
Edit: Thank you for moving the thread D4v3

Unfortunately, Brits Patch will not work with 416.
I doubt I will be paying $100 and a $10 monthly fee for the Suite.
My 99% days may be over.

LL
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 04:29 PM)LogicaLucidity Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Unfortunately, Brits Patch will not work with 416.
I doubt I will be paying $100 and a $10 monthly fee for the Suite.
My 99% days may be over.

You can continue backtesting on build 409
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 08:30 PM)pudseybear Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You can continue backtesting on build 409

Yes, that is what I was thinking...soon after I posted that.
I will have to get a different MT4 platform from a different Broker.
Hotforex's MT4 is 416 upon install now.

I have now tried several sources and they are all 416.
Anyone have any ideas?

LL
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 09:11 PM)LogicaLucidity Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes, that is what I was thinking...soon after I posted that.
I will have to get a different MT4 platform from a different Broker.
Hotforex's MT4 is 416 upon install now.

I have now tried several sources and they are all 416.
Anyone have any ideas?

LL

I just downloaded IBFX-Aus that's still 409
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 09:49 PM)pudseybear Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I just downloaded IBFX-Aus that's still 409

Installed and good to go.
Thank you Sir. I owe you one.
I will keep this in a safe place.

Click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to download MT4 409 from media fire.
It is an 8.53 MB zip file. Too large to upload on the forums.

LL
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 10:00 PM)LogicaLucidity Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to download MT4 409 from media fire.
It is an 8.53 MB zip file. Too large to upload on the forums.

If you have any installers for previous builds of MT4 then treasure them carefully - MQ have now moved to an all web based installer, and all future setup files will simply provide a link to the providers download site, which will always have the latest build. As an example my MT4Setup409.exe direct from MQ now downloads build 416.

So when a new build is made available, do not use the live update as offered by MT4 if you want to keep the older version. Open the MT4 folder that you want to keep and either rename or delete the LiveUpdate.exe file, and download and install the new build to a new folder.

Or you could simply copy the existing folder to a new MT4.409 folder and rename/delete the LiveUpdate.exe file, then allow the original MT4 to update to the latest version.
If this post solves a support issue, please click the 'Mark as best answer' button.

d4v3
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand.
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2012, 03:17 PM)d4v3 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If you have any installers for previous builds of MT4 then treasure them carefully...

A buddy of mine had a Hotforex 406.
Their demos never end.

Click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to download MT4 406 from media fire.
It is a 6.25 MB zip file.

If anyone has any builds laying around please host them and share.

LL
Thanks given by:
How to Build a MT4 Testing Platform

If you are a user who takes advantage of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. then you may have noticed a few changes to his scripts.

The main issue is that Brit's Patch only works with builds 225-409.
This limit is intentional as only his purchasable suite runs on 416 and up.
The older builds are hard to find.

I have found the 409 Terminal.exe that was meant to be used to update ANY older MT4 build to 409 manually.
I have tested it on several versions of 416 from several brokers and can see no issue with using it to go from 416 to 409 (backwards).
This will allow the user to use Brit's script as it no longer works with 416 and builds earlier than 416 are hard to find.

Download the 409 Terminal.exe You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. (2.53 MB)
Go to your Metatrader 4 root directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader4 in Windows 7 or C:\Program Files\Metatrader4 in WIndows XP)
Backup the original terminal.exe file.
Replace the old terminal.exe file with the one you just downloaded from this post.
Still in the same directory...
Backup the LiveUpdate.exe file
Delete or remove the LiveUpdate.exe file to prevent MT4 from asking you to update.
Run Metatrader 4 and that's it!

The only existing full MT4 409 build I have is in thanks to Pudseybear.
It is from IBFX-Aus and is available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. (8.53 MB)
Note: Demos are with a fixed leverage of 1:50 and only last 1 month.

I also have a HotForex 406 build available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (6.25 MB)

If you have an installer for an older MT4 build, please host it on a file sharing site and link it here.

D4v3 has uploaded all of his MT4 setup files.
There are several brokers and many different builds, all included in the file name.
Download them You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Remember to delete/rename the LiveUpdate.exe file if do not want update reminders whenever you use the MT4 application.
There is also a zip file for MT4 build 416, which does not have the LiveUpdate file included.
Thank you D4v3.

EDIT:
There is an alternative to Birt's Patch, try this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Thank blueprint1972 for posting about it You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Blueprint says You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. it should work up to version 419 at least.
It is not a CSV2FXT script.
It is in fact a substitute for Birts Patch.

LL
Thanks given by:
If anyone needs to keep a clean install of 416 then now is the time to do it - 418 is on its way.

(03-23-2012, 10:23 PM)LogicaLucidity Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The conversation has skewed a bit ...
It has, so I've given it its own thread.
If this post solves a support issue, please click the 'Mark as best answer' button.

d4v3
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand.
Thanks given by:
d4v3.update version from 416 to 418 maybe better?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Versions JTA products orlee 1 1,632 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Last Post: d4v3