You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell us how you're rocking EV?
Hi guys,

Just wondered what oher people are doing with their EV's, what set file are you trading? how much have you deposited, etc.

I've started off trading the EUR/USD set file with auto lot.

Starting off with $5000 on a demo account, Alpari UK.

Obviously it's only day one but I've had a few trades, all very tiny amounts, aound $0.10.

I haven't enabled any of the other features such as smart scalp, anybody here have any experience with it so far?
Censored
Thanks given by:
I have the same setup on a live account - 15 winning trades thus far; no losing. All small profits.

I am now tweaking small steps at a time to get the exposure and profit per trade up to higher but manageable levels.

So far so good.
Thanks given by:
Smile 
This is my first post on this forum although I have lurking here since December 2010

I reside in western Canada and I have about five months of forex eperience

So far EV is working well on my demo account (HotForex) Two winning trades in the last day; one the Eurgbp 5 min 1 trader and one on Usdcan 5 min 1 trader.

I looking forward to trading on my real account .. but I'm using GoMarkets so I hope they get the bugs worked out of that broker.

Congratz to the EV development team so far.
Thanks given by:
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread watching what everyone is experimenting with and I'll soon be in full out testing mode again when things settle, until then:

From my notes.
Settings that really affected results:
To adjust up the take profit what seemed to work best was under the "Maximize Profit" setting half way down the menu, and adjusting the "Profit set" which should be at 10 which mean 10% of the take profit amount. You could try a Profit Set of 15 or 20 but please be careful as we haven't tested the set file out at the tick level yet where it trades, but this would add some to the take profit.

For You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. the #1 thing to do is turn the "Use any Entry" from false to "TRUE."
Maybe experiment in a visual back test first. With this setting you'll see roughly about 9,000 trades a year. Until we tick test I would recommend using a $2K per .01 lot just to be safe until tick testing is done and we can see just how sharp we can go (low DD%).

Flex Grid combinations were also a hot setting to test as it adjusts the grid to the current price (see manual for detailed description of how Flex Grid works).

I'll be hooking up brand new forward running stat pages for ALL sets, including the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. reg & aggressive, all the 1 Traders and Hedge trader as they are all running right now. I wanted to start these set files so I could be in these trades with everyone as they traded forward, in fact here's how the 2 different You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. traders are doing so you can compare your results right from the get-go ~
Red-line marks the start up time.

All information gathered will benefit everyone Smile

Happy trading!

Attached Files Image(s)

Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.    v1.3

Thanks given by:
Hi Ratz,

had about 9 trades in the last 24 hours, all between 0.10 and 0.20. So far no loosing trades.

I really don't want to start messing with the settings to be honest as these set files are tested and safe.

To get more profit maybe I should split the portion to 50 and add another trading pair. which would you recommend?
Censored
Thanks given by:
Well, after two and a half years with Blessing, I've made the switch to EV official. It's rockin' real good and makin' money. This is a screen-grab of my $5K live account, while EV goes for the gold. Being somewhat of a traditionalist, I've got usdjpy on H1 right now and you know the saying " Why spoil success?"

And Ratz, those are great charts. I expect 2011 to be a very good year.

Rob

Attached Files Image(s)

"Don't sneak up on it - surround it."
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2011, 11:03 PM)ChicagoRob Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Well, after two and a half years with Blessing, I've made the switch to EV official. It's rockin' real good and makin' money. This is a screen-grab of my $5K live account, while EV goes for the gold. Being somewhat of a traditionalist, I've got usdjpy on H1 right now and you know the saying " Why spoil success?"

Rob

Thanks buddy.

Now to perfect it with an Army of testers and bust the banksWink

(04-05-2011, 10:15 PM)leerees Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Ratz,

had about 9 trades in the last 24 hours, all between 0.10 and 0.20. So far no loosing trades.

I really don't want to start messing with the settings to be honest as these set files are tested and safe.

To get more profit maybe I should split the portion to 50 and add another trading pair. which would you recommend?

I'd say let it be ~
I started testing it at the Tick level now so give me about 100 hours and I'll post what I find Wink

Thanks Turbo Tommy for the hand ~
Ratz

JTA video's on YouTube  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thanks given by:
(04-06-2011, 02:13 AM)Ratz Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(04-05-2011, 11:03 PM)ChicagoRob Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Well, after two and a half years with Blessing, I've made the switch to EV official. It's rockin' real good and makin' money. This is a screen-grab of my $5K live account, while EV goes for the gold. Being somewhat of a traditionalist, I've got usdjpy on H1 right now and you know the saying " Why spoil success?"

Rob

Thanks buddy.

(04-05-2011, 10:15 PM)leerees Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Ratz,

I'd say let it be ~
I started testing it at the Tick level now so give me about 100 hours and I'll post what I find Wink

Hi Ratz,

it's only making around $1 - $2 a day so far, it looks like it's going to stay at that level too which is uneconomical for me as I'll be paying more in skydesks fee's.

Also if it's only making 10 cents per trade then when i put this on a live account will it not be loss making trades due to the spread, alpari uk spread is 1.6 live vs 0.9 demo.

Really I'm limited to EUR/USD only as any other pair with alpari UK has a massive spread +2.5 pips.
I thought the eur/usd set file would work straight out of the box? Hope you can come up with something, Not meaning to put pressure but we do only have 30 days to trial this.

Scaping for 1 or 2 pips just isn't possible in the real world due to spreads meaning this set file will be a looser in the real world right?

Can you not just recommend a set file or group of set files for people with 1k accounts, 2k, and 5k etc. Most people need to make at least $100 a month from EV and those with $5k are going to expect more than that to make this all worthwhile. To be honest I want at least 10% a month or it's just not worth it.

thanks
Censored
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2011, 07:59 AM)leerees Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(04-06-2011, 02:13 AM)Ratz Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Rob

Thanks buddy.

I'd say let it be ~

Hi Ratz,

it's only making around $1 - $2 a day so far, it looks like it's going to stay at that level too which is uneconomical for me as I'll be paying more in skydesks fee's.

Also if it's only making 10 cents per trade then when i put this on a live account will it not be loss making trades due to the spread, alpari uk spread is 1.6 live vs 0.9 demo.

Really I'm limited to EUR/USD only as any other pair with alpari UK has a massive spread +2.5 pips.
I thought the eur/usd set file would work straight out of the box? Hope you can come up with something, Not meaning to put pressure but we do only have 30 days to trial this.

Scaping for 1 or 2 pips just isn't possible in the real world due to spreads meaning this set file will be a looser in the real world right?

Can you not just recommend a set file or group of set files for people with 1k accounts, 2k, and 5k etc. Most people need to make at least $100 a month from EV and those with $5k are going to expect more than that to make this all worthwhile. To be honest I want at least 10% a month or it's just not worth it.

thanks

Leerees

I'm already working on the set files, in fact I never stop Smile
Tick testing has started.
In the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. thread there is a updated post for the reg & aggressive autolots and how they are trading. I know the aggressive set file had pulled in about $13 so far and the reg one about $5 so far. It will be interesting to see what the tick data tells us about these micro grids, so hang in there as I'm testing around the clock ~

Here's also a shot of how the "1 Traders" are doing, up almost $7 now. I started the GBPUSD late though and it's the best trader of these. You'll notice a extremely low DD% with these, hasn't even registered yet ~

Because of this it may well be possible to run several of these (we have 5 total, more to come) in one account with a low starting amount, or instead of trading just .01 Lot like shown maybe going .02 or .03?

I believe I back tested a 1.0 Standard Lot set file on a $1K account and it passed. Don't remember what pair it was I'm guessing the GBPUSD, but this would be something to look into also IMO...

Attached Files Image(s)

Ratz

Thanks given by: mcyoyok
Hi Rats

Please see link below, it's a screen shot of my trades so far

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Can you confirm that theese small pip gains will work on a live account with a higher spread?Alpari uk spread is fixed at 1.6 pips.

If it does then I will just up the lots to a fixed level and let the good times roll.

Why am I not getting any loosing trades, is this because of the spread? As stated I don't think GBP/USD will be any good for me because the spread is rubbish with alpari uk.
Censored
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Boinkers is rocking EV Boinkers 1 1,425 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Mathias
  How daCoops is rocking EV. daCoops 193 98,075 06-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Thweis SXFX