You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install v1.2
Solved: 1 Year, 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I've tried to install v1.2.02 several times on Build 625.

The install routine seems to run ok and tells me it was successful, but when i look in the data folder, or the Expert Advisors folder on the terminal, nothing's there.

I notice that during install, the dialog tells me the first few files have been "skipped." Is this ok?

I suspect the problem is something to do with Norton, but i don't know what to disable to allow CG to install.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
If you have Windows UAC enabled then you need to change the installation procedure - follow the link in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. of the troubleshooter.

If the problem is not with UAC then make sure you are running the installer as an Administrator. I can't help you with Norton as I once had a bad experience with it and will no longer allow it anywhere near my PC.

It is normal for the installer to skip files - they are common files which will only be updated if there is a newer version.
If this post solves a support issue, please click the 'Mark as best answer' button.

d4v3
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand.
Thanks given by:
Thanks d4v3 the issue was UAC, not Norton.

I should've thought you'd updated the installation and troubleshooting wiki, but I'd forgotten about the Metatrader drama since build 600.

I stopped using Cable Gridder since that time and have only now decided to try to start running it again after things have settled down.

I decided to use the moving files method, but listing the UAC folders, would like confirm all the files installed:

Experts - two files: the CG and Dashboard EAs
Include - two files: dashboard and functions mqhs
Libraries - two files: a functions dll and ex4
Presets - one file: the CG preset file.
Thanks given by:
You will also need to copy the mll.dll and mt4gui2.dll files from the Libraries folder.
If this post solves a support issue, please click the 'Mark as best answer' button.

d4v3
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand.
Thanks given by:
Late reply, but thanks d4v3 Smile
Thanks given by:
Except now i have another error.

I just tried some backtesting, and things worked ok for about 5 minutes, but then every time i tried to run another test i got the message, "Trading has been stopped on this pair. Ensure installer files are in your UAC folder."

I'm not sure what this means. I've put all the files both you and i mentioned into their appropriate directories, and checked this. I don't know where to next.
Thanks given by:
Update: I just restarted my platform and everything is working again.

Update2 (a few minutes later): And now i just got the same UAC error again.
Thanks given by:
Is the UAC error the only one that you see? Are there any others shown in the Experts/Journal tab? (The UAC message is only a catch all when an error occurs - the actual reason could be entirely different).

d4v3
Thanks given by:
A while after i wrote my last message saying i was getting the UAC error again, i was able to run backtests again.

There's nothing i can see in the Journal tab or logs that suggests what the issue is.

Since backtests started running again, i haven't had the problem again, though i suspect that won't be the last time i see it. I'll check my Journal and logs again if it returns.
Thanks given by:
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Install of CG Lhamey5813 8 3,418 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Last Post: The Tramp