You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Poll" regarding used broker for audnzd setfile
Hi All!
I am about to create an update of my popular audnzd setfile(s).
I have two questions to you:
1. What broker do you use for audnzd trading?
2. What spread do you expect that your broker provide typically?

Based on your answers I may create a new setfile for sale here in the shop.
The settings will be based on one real broker setting as a base, but of course normally reproducable on many other brokers if the settings are in pair.

For myself I nowadays only work with spread 1.5 as that is what my brokers have as average (max) spread during trading hours.
I would be happy to create setfiles based on just spread 1.5, but I imagine that you may have another situation.
My last setfiles for sale was on spread 3.5 and I am thinking of something in between 1.5 and 3.5.
This actually goes both for Blessing and Evolution setfiles.
I will try to make one working on as wide range spread as possible, but it is not that easy Wink

So please respond here in this thread so that we can see the spectra of broker and spread usage.
After I have got a big list of brokers here I may have a real poll where you can vote on what broker you prefer on a list of max 25, but that is next step after your first answers.
BR
Mathias
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 06:37 PM)Mathias Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi All!
My question to you is what spread you wish it should be based on?
For myself I nowadays only work with spread 1.5 as that is what my brokers have as average (max) spread during trading hours.
I would be happy to create setfiles based on just spread 1.5, but I imagine that you may have another situation.
My last setfiles for sale was on spread 3.5 and I am thinking of something in between 1.5 and 3.5.
So please state if you want it based on 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5.
I will try to make one working on as wide range spread as possible, but it is not that easy Wink
BR
Mathias

An average pip spread of 3.0 would be good in my opinion. Although why not take a poll of broker popularity and base it off what most people who have purchased your setfile are based on?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 07:12 PM)daCoops Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.An average pip spread of 3.0 would be good in my opinion. Although why not take a poll of broker popularity and base it off what most people who have purchased your setfile are based on?

Very good point!
I actually tied to make this a poll, but it didn't work...
But now the origin of this thread is updated with more precise questions as a first step.
BR
Mathias

(05-05-2014, 06:37 PM)Mathias Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi All!
I have two questions to you:
1. What broker do you use for audnzd trading?
2. What spread do you expect that your broker provide typically?

Based on your answers I may create a new setfile for sale here in the shop.
The settings will be based on one real broker setting as a base, but of course normally reproducable on many other brokers if the settings are in pair.

So please respond here in this thread so that we can see the spectra of broker and spread usage.
After I have got a big list of brokers here I may have a real poll where you can vote on what broker you prefer on a list of max 25, but that is next step after your first answers.
BR
Mathias

1. I use GlobalPrime and ICMarkets
2. Typical spread 1.5 on both brokers
BR
Mathias
Thanks given by:
I've purchased your AUDNZD 29 Pip setfile and going good.

1. Pepperstone Razer
2. Avg Spread ~1.8 without commission, ~2.5 - 3pips with comm.
Thanks given by:
Hi Mathias

I have the 29pip setfile as well and have accounts with IC Markets and Axitrader. As you say typical spread is around 1.5.

Ian
Thanks given by:
1) FXCM Active Trader 2.7 pips no commission --- The best I have seen so far

2) FXCM Standard 3.5 pips no commission

3) IC Markets 1.5 average spread $7 commission per 100k round turn
Time is Money

Thanks given by:
MB Trading (US) Lower apread plan with commission: 4.2 - 6.5 pips.

FXCM (US) standard plan - No Commission: 3.9 - 4.4 pips. (0.7 pip markup per trade included in spread)

FXCM (US) with $7 commission per round trip per 100k lot : 2.5- 3.2 pips

Here is an important thing that I figured about commissions & pip markup. If you have very low pip profit per trade then commission & markup eats a larger portion of your profit. For example if level 1 trade scalps 6 pips per trade, than FXCM's 0.7 pip per side eats up to whooping 23% of profits.
Thanks given by:
I use IC Markets ECN

thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blessing 3, is there a million $ setfile? ChrisWhite 13 307 05-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Mathias
  AUDNZD m5 spread 1; 10years Variations klappsmond 4 611 01-23-2019, 11:39 PM
Last Post: klappsmond
  10y backtest AUDNZD M5 klappsmond 2 651 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM
Last Post: klappsmond
  setfile & [url=http://goo.gl/LX1qg]Multiplier[/url] lmu-trader 0 856 03-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lmu-trader
  Same setfile - different brokers and different trades lmu-trader 3 1,143 03-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: lmu-trader
  Please help with setfile syednoor 10 2,637 01-21-2016, 03:42 PM
Last Post: d4v3
  Preview of a coming NZDCAD 2Million setfile Mathias 25 11,939 01-13-2016, 12:09 AM
Last Post: syednoor
  [split] Hossam elsawy's AUDNZD M5 Set file hossam elsawy 26 13,285 06-30-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: mukh1988
  Which setfile is safer, 5 yr or 2 yr backtest? Pipotron 3 1,666 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Thweis SXFX
  SGDJPY setfile Pipotron 7 2,923 11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Last Post: d4v3